Comparative & Empire studiesEdit
- “Empires Overseas” and “Empires at Home”: Postcolonial and Transnational Perspectives on Social Change in the History of Education, Special Issue,Paedagogica Historica, 45:6 (2009)
- Eric Ashby, Patterns of Universities in Non-European Societies, (London, 1961)
- ---, Community of Universities: An informal portrait of the Association of Universities of the British Commonwealth 1913-1963, (London, 1963)
- ---, Universities: British, Indian, African, (London, 1966)
- ---, ‘Centre and Periphery in Academe: Some personal reflections’, Minerva, 34 (1996), pp. 95-101.
- K. Pickles, 'Colonial Counterparts: The Frist Academic Women in Anglo-Canada, New Zealand and Australia', Women's History, 10 (2001), pp. 273-298.
- J.J. Auchmuty, The Idea of the University in its Australian Setting: A Historical Survey, (Melbourne, 1963)
- H.E. Barff, A Short Historical Account of the University of Sydney, (Sydney, 1902)
- G. Blainey, The University of Melbourne: A Centenary Portrait, (Melbourne, 1956)
- Paul Stortz & E Lisa Panayotidis, Historical Identities: The Professoriate in Canada (University of Toronto Press, 2006)
- J.C. Beaglehole, The University of New Zealand: an historical study, (Auckland, 1937)
- ---, Victoria University College: An Essay towards a history, (Wellington, 1949)
- M. Boucher, The University of the Cape of Good Hope and the University of South Africa, 1873-1946: A Study in National and Imperial Perspective, (Pretoria, 1974)